Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

The other day I finished reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. It had been so long since I read a romance novel, so it felt really good to get sucked into this one.


Source

I immediately liked Clare, but it took me awhile to like Henry. After talking to mom and dad about the movie (which I hadn't seen at yet) I just started picturing Eric Bana as Henry and pretty soon I was sold. I thought the book was brilliant in the way it smoothly went randomly through time. The date/age stamps before each time travel were really helpful. Obviously I ended up crying my eyes out. It was practically a sobbing fit.

Of course, the next day (Sunday) I had to watch the movie. The movies are never as good as the books, but that never deters me from watching the movie.

2 comments:

BMarie said...

Don't you love this book?!

Brooke said...

Yes! I didn't know you read it - join Goodreads.com! :)