Tuesday, August 03, 2010

the curious incident of the dog in the night-time

I just finished re-reading "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time." It's about a 15 year old boy with autism who tries to solve a mystery.
When I first read this a few years ago, I really enjoyed it but I didn't know anyone with autism so I couldn't completely relate. Now, just a few years later, I know quite a few children with autism. This gave me a whole new perspective when reading it this time. I thought this book was extremely well written - it truly seemed like we were in Christopher's mind. Such a great quick read!

"...and there was nothing to do except to wait and to hurt."

4 comments:

BradFam said...

Is a "studying fiend" the same as a "reading fiend"? I think so!

Matthew said...

Did you read Haddon's other novel "A spot of bother"? I liked it just as well as dog in the night-time.

Sarah said...

Ooh, I've never heard of this but I'm "curious" to read it. Especially being back at work with lots of kids on the spectrum.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read that yet, Matthew. I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Sarah - I really think you'll enjoy this one. Plus it's a quick read.