Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fresh Basil Pesto

The other day I was heading back towards the house after reading on the hammock when I decided to walk through mom's garden.

I got so excited when I saw this:



But in my head, it looked like this:



Tonight for dinner mom and I made homemade pesto with angel hair pasta & chicken. We used this recipe.

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup walnuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste



It was so easy to make, yet SO GOOD. It tasted so fresh and gourmet. We all loved it - even Dad! I'm already looking forward to having it again in a few weeks.



Yet another reason I want to buy a house: my own basil patch!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum!

Kerry said...

hey i always put chex on my salads too!

Blaire said...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3556/3478526651_7f462cc036.jpg?v=0

Well, no matter where you live, you can grow this!! Just on a smaller scale!