Thursday, July 30, 2009

Boatload of Sushi

Recently I had the most relaxing weekend up at the lake with R.

When I wasn't reading on the hammock swing by the water,



or playing cards by the fire on the patio,



I was making and eating one of my favorite meals: Sushi! It took quite a while to prep all of the ingredients.



I chose to just stick to simple rolls since I'm still a newbie when it comes to making my own sushi. My favorite is the philly roll: cream cheese, cucumber, and salmon. R loves tuna, so I made tuna rolls with him in mind (raw tuna, cucumber, avocado), and inside-out california rolls (avocado, fake crab, and cucumber).



I even made a simple spicy sauce of mayo and shirachi hot sauce for dipping. So good.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

ugh. why do you have to torture me!?

Sarah said...

Yum! (wait, that's what I post on your blog all the time..) Seriously though, I'm a California roll kind of girl and need to venture out a bit on my sushi but man oh man it's good! Anything with avocado is good to me.

Blaire said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks sooo good!!! What a fun, relaxing, delicious weekend!