I enjoyed Memorial Day weekend up at the lake with my parents. We spent the weekend relaxing,
playing games (Blokus and Trivial Pursuit),
visiting the farmer's market (I think mom might be on M50's website...),
eating, and drinking.
The following weekend I packed up a few things and said goodbye to R and Lu as I headed to BG to stay with my parents (until R & I buy a house in Toledo).
R and I have found a house that we both want and right now we're in the middle of the stressful yet exciting details of actually buying it.
I started a new job in Maumee on Monday working with medical records/files. It's not the perfect place for me, but I'm very happy with it in this job market. Plus we have a cute dog named Boo roaming around work. Isn't he precious?
It's been so nice and relaxing being back home with my parents. It's fun hanging out, watching movies/TV, talking, and enjoying yummy homecooked meals around the dinner table every night.
On Saturday after my friend's wedding, I headed up to Michigan to see R. I could tell that he missed me because he asked me if I wanted to play Monopoly (my favorite game that NO ONE EVER wants to play with me!). I had so much fun playing Monopoly - even tho R won. But I was disappointed that my cat didn't really want to have anything to do with me. :( He came up to me to say "hi" but that was about it! I guess I missed Lu much more than he missed me!
It was his brother's birthday, so we spent the evening at one of our favorite sports bars, Artesian Wells, eating all you can eat ribs and watching Belmont, the Tigers, and the Red Wings with a group of people celebrating. We topped off the evening watching "Anchorman" on DVD from the library. It was a great weekend, but it flew by WAY TOO QUICKLY. I'm already looking forward to seeing R on Friday!
I've been packing on the pounds again these last few weeks/months. I have a real issue with weight fluctuations that I need to get under control! My clothes still fit me, but many of them are becoming too tight. :( Since I need to lose a few pounds, I've decided to start the South Beach Diet tomorrow. I've never tried this diet before, but I've heard it works so I checked the book out from the library and it seems very healthy to me. I love the fact that there are 3 Phases, and the third phase is for MAINTENANCE. After I lose the weight that I want, I think it will be really helpful for me to follow a plan that will help me MAINTAIN that weight loss. I'm planning on blogging every day about my food and exercise while following the SB diet in order to document my progress!
Night!
3 comments:
WHAT! I'm excited you guys are moving back... After I read that the rest of the post was kind of a blur. What area do you want to buy in?
I love monopoly too! Luckily I have a couple buddies that like to play too. We drink beers, scream at each other, and try to monopolize the board. It's really a great time.
i think me, you, beer, and monopoly are in order for the near future. I can remember some games with granmda Z lasting until late in the night, but it's been sooooo long since I've played a good game!
Post a Comment