"Oh, and remember, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans."
For breakfast this morning I tried a new cereal, Kashi Heart to Heart. At first I was a bit surprised that it was so NOT sweet. But after a few spoonfuls, I really started to enjoy it. I'll def pick this up next time I see it on sale. (It was half off at Target.) Plus, I think the little hearts are cute... <3
For lunch I had carrots, hummus, and leftover mac and cheese from the beginning of the week. I was surprised that it still tasted as good as it did.
Dinner was a salad:
And frozen pizza:
My running gear: (The water bottle was a gift from Blaire and Dave - it's so nice being able to have it attached to my hand while running!)
Doesn't my hand look like it belongs to an alien?
Tomorrow I'm planning on making my own "gel" for the first time. But since I haven't done that yet (and I don't want to get sick!) I decided to try the "Margarita w/ Salt" flavor of shot blocks. They were the best "goo" I've tried yet! They actually tasted GOOD. Really good. And they worked! (For me, "they worked" means I'm not puking my guts out - YAY!)
According to the Clif website, "The Margarita flavor has three times the amount of sodium than the other flavors. Sodium depletion via sweat is the primary reason for muscle cramping in athletes. By adding more sodium we’re bringing carbohydrates, electrolytes, and higher levels of sodium together into one easy-to-ingest solution."
To be honest, I did NOT want to run tonight. R was (and still is) playing poker. So all I wanted to do was go home, get in my sweats, read, cross stitch, watch "The City" on mtv.com, and cuddle with my cat. BUT since I do love running (just not this week!) and I have my goal of running the half in April, I didn't want to get EVEN MORE behind schedule. So I grudgingly got on the treadmill and pounded out 7 miles. It wasn't pretty. I took like 5 walking breaks which explains why my time is so slow again. Tonight's goal was just to finish without worrying about speed. But now that the run is finished, I feel really glad that I did it. It's amazing how much running can change my attitude. I feel like this commercial:
1 comment:
Sorry you had a "Monday" week, but glad it finished with a propelling run. I've just caught up reading blogs and plan on adding some posts to mine this weekend. Luv ya!
Post a Comment