I blame today's DISAPPOINTING run on last night's awesome time at the Barley House.
I woke up late this morning with a slight hangover, but I decided to get on the treadmill anyway and do my scheduled TEN MILE run. I only made it 5 miles when I quit. When the guy on my iPOD told me I was halfway through my run, I lost it. :( My head was pounding, my stomach was a mess, and the fact that I was only halfway through was unbearable to me. So I stopped and decided I would just have to do the 10 miles on another day.
R was so disappointed with me when I quit my run today. He was doubting me and asking me, "Are you really going to be able to run the half?" I don't think he realizes how HARD running is for me. Yes, I love it. But that doesn't stop the fact that running just doesn't come naturally to me. I work for every mile - today every STEP was work. (Thanks to the delicous beers I was drinking last night.) And just because I wasn't able to run ten miles today doesn't mean that I won't be able to run 13.1 in April.
I considered "repeating" this week since I did so poorly with it, but I decided against it. Tomorrow (monday) was scheduled as a "rest" day by nike. So instead of resting, I'm going to complete my 10 miler tomorrow. Then I'm back on schedule.
Here's this week's running plan:
Monday: 10 miles (I'm really gonna do it.)
Wednesday: 5 miles
Friday: 6 miles
Sunday: 10 miles
I know that I'll be able to finish the half in April, even if R is doubting it. I guess this is one of those things that I can't just talk about - I need to DO IT.
2 comments:
Don't let R's disappointment get to you. As we both know there are good running days, and bad running days. You also know that too good of a night before leads to a less than good run the next day - you'll plan accordingly at the end of April. Hang in there - you really are committed to running, you've come such a long way in just a year, and you're doing very well!
You've got enough McGovern blood in you to make you stubborn enough to stick with it! I know you'll get it done!
Post a Comment