Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blah blah blah

This week I've had a "case of the mondays" that's lasted all week! I was just feeling a little "blah" Monday through today. But now I'm finally feeling happier and more like myself.

Unfortunately I haven't been running (I did go to the gym for strength training tonight though) and am now one run behind on my half marathon training. I have 7 miles scheduled for tomorrow, and TEN MILES for Sunday, but that still puts me 5 miles behind. I'm a bit surprised by how aggressive the nike training is becoming lately...

I'm gonna go chill out on the couch with R in my new sweatpants that I bought tonight at Target with a giftcard I got for Christmas. I haven't owned a pair of sweatpants in years! They are so comfy and much warmer than my "exercise" pants & capris... R asked me what "45" stood for and I had no clue, I just liked them and they were cheap. :)



I'll be bringing the dark chocolate bar that R bought for me yesterday to the couch while I relax...



I had about a third of the bar last night and I'm planning on eating about a third tonight. This is the darkest, most bitter chocolate I've ever had - it's AMAZING! But it's for dark chocolate lovers only because it's so bitter it almost tastes like coffee. (Does that make any sense?)

Is it wrong that really dark chocolate makes me feel a little better on those "blah" days?

Thank goodness that tomorrow is Friday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love dark chocolates! Where did he get that one from? I've never seen that brand.

Blaire said...

my food and wine magazine had a "review" of chocolates and your brand was one of five top picks in the "reasonable" price range. The high end ranges were like $32 an ounce! Isn't that crazy??

I just bought Dove 71% dark-- that is good, but unlike you, I don't care for bitter.:o)

Brooke said...

He picked it up at Whole Foods. That's so cool that is was in the 5 five for "reasonable" $!

There are chocolates that cost $32 an ounce!? Is the chocolate diamond studded?

I'm a big fan of Dove chocolate - I'll have to check out the 71%!