Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I <3 Running

(FYI, <3 is supposed to be a sideways heart.)

I'm finally starting to love running. I had such a great run tonight! It wasn't anything remarkable (except for the fact that I didn't walk at all) but I just felt happy the entire time. I'm starting to feel stronger and see improvement, so maybe that's why. Also, it gives me a chance to play with all of my toys: new running shoes, ipod, and nike chip.

I keep "discovering" things I like about the nike chip. I thought it was cool that they make running graphs for each run:



I've lost all but one pound of my holiday weight gain. Tomorrow is official weigh in day at work - I'm crossing my fingers that this run helps to bring me back to my pre-holiday weight by tomorrow!

2 comments:

BradFam said...

I'm so glad you've become a true RUNNER! I don't think I'll ever get there, but I still love the sense of accomplishment.

I'm not sure what that graph represents - I guesss I'm being dense, please explain.

Your Nike Mini keeps me up-to-date and I see you added it to your Facebook page also - cool! Did you do updates to both your ipod and the chip to get it to work all the time?

Love ya!

Brooke said...

To be honest, I'm not quite sure about the graph either! I think it's indicating when I raise and lower my speed... What I really like about the "graph" is how it tells my distance, time, how fast I went, and calories - all without me needing to take a picture of the treadmill screen.

I only did updates on my computer and everything seems to be working great! I'm also making sure to end all of my workouts correctly on the ipod/chip and I think that's making a big difference.