This week I have pretty much just been eating black eyed peas for lunch and dinner! I made a whole bag of them for New Years Day (but ended up not eating them then because we went to Mackinaw). It turns out no one else in this house likes them so I'm the only one eating any. I still have so many left that I'm going to have to freeze some before they go bad!
Black eyed peas with BBQ sauce, cornbread, peas:
The cornbread was awesome. I used a recipe from Veganomicon. It was probably the most moist cornbread I'd ever had...
Peas and black eyed peas:
For lunch today I had a whole wheat wrap with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, pesto, peas, and black eyed peas. It tasted great but I think I'm officially sick of black eyed peas for awhile!
2 comments:
You have got to get me the recipe for that cornbread! My box Jiffy mix is usually too dry!
I'm like the rest of your house - I don't like black-eyed peas! I know they're good for you, but...
Post a Comment