Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Slacking on Exercise and Eating BORING Food

I stayed up too late last night and it really affected my "workout" this morning. (I'm not sure if you could really even call it a workout!) I hopped on the treadmill for a 20 minute WALK. I know, it's bad. But it's all about progress, not perfection, and a 20 minute walk is better than no walk at all. (But on the other hand, it's much worse than the 45 minute walk I had planned!) Don't worry, my exercise will be back on track tomorrow. I have a 2 mile run and a 30 minute circuit training planned for BEFORE WORK. :)

Anyway, when I got on the scale after my walk, I was THRILLED to see that I was finally back in the 150s!!! 159.4! Woo Hoo! 140s, here I come...

For breakfast I ate a LaraBar at work. (BORING!)

Lunch was a can of clam chowder and an apple. (BORING!)




Dinner was leftover blackbean soup with a quesadilla. (BORING BUT DELISH!)




I ate dinner in front of the TV! Although it's boring to see leftover soup on a blog, it wasn't boring to me while I was eating it. It just tasted so good and hit the spot. It was so flavorful! When I made this soup on Sunday, I only had one can of black beans, so i only made a little bit of soup (2 servings). I should've planned ahead and soaked my bag of black beans, because this soup was so good I wish I had more that I could freeze and eat whenever I wanted (just like I did with that chili from Aug!).

And quesadillas are great because they take about a minute to make, but taste really good and I usually have cheese slices and tortillas on hand. Couldn't be any quicker or easier.

I'm planning on making lots more soups in the near future. In fact, I would love to make a soup a week. They are healthy and taste better as leftovers than they do the day I make them. I think I'll make enough that I can freeze some. Plus, it's so comforting eating a nice warm bowl of soup in chilly weather.

And for dessert I had a bit of honey greek yogurt. This stuff really is better than icecream. (I wanted to add a little granola to this, but I didn't want to go above my calories for the day...)

No comments: