- eggs
- leftover roasted potoates (I cut them up into smaller pieces)
- red bell pepper
- mushroom slices
I also had two glasses of OJ this morning. The orange juice was such a nice fresh treat!
Since the whole wheat bread I made yesterday mysteriously disappeared, I decided to bake again this morning. I saw 3 extra ripe bananas, so I decided banana bread would be the thing to make. I found my simple recipe online:
Our fridge has become filled with fresh veggies, so I decided to use some of them for my lunch today. I had half of a red bell pepper and tons of "broccoflower" that was reduced because it was old in the store. I finished off the rest of my TJ's hummus.
I also had a slice of my warm banana bread.
This afternoon I pounded out 4 difficult miles on the treadmill. It took me 46 minutes and 2 seconds. (Plus I burned 460 calories!) It was really hot in the house because the guys were using the oven. The sweat was pouring out of me. It was gross. My knees and feet weren't hurting me at all, but my legs felt like LEAD. They were heavy and tired, but they weren't "hurt" so I made myself keep going but I did lower my speed quite a bit. Hopefully next week's 4.5 mile run won't feel that difficult!
After my run, stretching (I REALLY needed to stretch out my tired legs today!), and a beautifully refreshing shower, I needed FUEL. I had a large handful of trail mix and a diet rootbeer. (Wish we had gatorade!)
Toby came over today and made Cuban Mojo Pork loin. When he came over yesterday he made a mojo sauce using orange juice, garlic, oregano, and a little water. He marinated the other half of the pork loin in the sauce overnight. Then today he put it in the oven to cook.
He took some of the leftover mojo sauce from yesterday and reduced it to make it thicker.
He also made black beans and rice
and a ceaser salad.
Somehow, I managed to have enough self control to limit my portions to reasonable amounts. (But others didn't - all of that food is GONE. That's just crazy!)
For dessert I had a small serving of turtle cheesecake icecream that R had picked up at the store.
R was on cedarpoint.com today and he saw this pic:

They were STUCK UP THERE!!! A worker had to go up on the elevator and literally push the car! CAN YOU IMAGINE?! They say the odds of that happening are 1 in 80,000. Yikes!!!
I'm all caught up on my laundry - 3 loads! I guess that's what I get since I didn't do any laundry for two weeks! I'm off to play on facebook for a bit and read some other food blogs...
No comments:
Post a Comment