Saturday, October 25, 2008

Food Network in the Kitchen

Tonight I just sat in the kitchen and watched R cook - it was just like watching the food network!

R made this Pina Colada for me while he was cooking...



He claims that he doesn't like pork, yet while we were at Sam's today he picked up a huge pork loin. He marinated it in red wine. Then he stuffed it with tons of goodies:

- Roasted red peppers
- Feta cheese
- Mushrooms
- Tomatoes
- Kalamata olives




We had redskin potatoes as a side.



It was delish!





I also had a glass of wine with dinner:



And for dessert I had one of my favorite fall treats: A carmel apple! (We didn't make it - R bought it while we were at Sam's. This sucker has 320 calories. YIKES!)



I'm off to go watch the Ohio State v. Penn state game with R...

(P.S. I'm so glad that we didn't go out to eat this weekend! R's dinner was better than any meal I would've gotten in a chain restaurant in Jackson. And cheaper, too!)

No comments: