I woke up at 9am and decided that I wanted to go see the movie "Get Smart." So I went online and the closest movie theatre was 20 minutes away in Jackson. Sooooo, I decided to drive an ADDITIONAL 20 minutes to the theatre in Ann Arbor...
It was weird going to the movies all by myself! Although "Get Smart" did drag at parts, I thought it was really cute! I even laughed out loud quite a bit. (Although not nearly as much as the group of teenagers who were in there - they LOVED the movie!) There was even a Chuck Norris joke in it!
After the movie I went to Whole Foods for their amazing salad bar. I had drooled over it before, but today was the first time I had actually tried it. It was quite expensive at $7.99 a pound. I got under a pound of goodies.
I can't remember everything that I added to the salad but I do know there was a curry couscous salad, potato salad, tofu "egg" salad, pasta salad, etc. (On the bottom is all of the healthy stuff like lettuce, garbonzo beans, veggies, etc.) There's no dressing on my salad because I figured it would be wet enough with all of the special salads I put on top. I took my time and ate the salad outside on the patio. It was a gorgeous day and this was one of the best salads I've ever had!
After my lunch I went back into the store and picked up just a few things: bananas, baby artichokes (aren't they cute?!), and some whole wheat mac 'n cheese that I saw on www.eatliverun.com and looked so good. (Notice Lucien in the chair?!)
Then I walked over to Barnes and Noble (which just happens to be next door to Whole Foods). I knew exactly which book I wanted and I was happy that there was a special table right up front with it there! I bought a paperback copy of "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer.
Then I drove on down to Trader Joes. I didn't really need much cuz I had just been there, but a few things stuck out: Boursin cheese, chocolate graham crackers, pasta seasoning, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. I also bought an unpictured 6 pack of beer bottles. Then at the last minute I decided to buy a "Mystery Bag" of beer for $5.99! You weren't allowed to peek inside the bag - it was all stapled up. But I opened it up in the car and I got quite an awesome selection - I'll take a pic of it later...
What a fantastic day!!! Now it's time to look for a job... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment