(That's not really my heart rate, I wasn't holding on to the heart rate monitors...)
Recently my shins and ankles had been really hurting me lately whenever I walked or attempted to jog. Mom suggested that maybe it was time for new shoes, and I realized that was exactly right. So, the other week I went to Dave's Running in Pburg to get some new running shoes. I told them that it had been a long time since I'd done any running and was willing to get whatever shoes they recommended for me. They looked me up in the database and encouraged me to get the updated version of the shoes that I've always had since I started running because they would help to prevent injury. Although I had been kinda looking forward to trying something new, I took their advice, tried on the shoes that they pulled for me, and was out the door in five minutes flat.
It was so nice wearing my new shoes tonight and not having any pain at all! Makes me realize that the people at Dave's really know what they're talking about...
No comments:
Post a Comment