
It was such a quick, easy read. And to be honest, it was really fun reading a book in one day. I liked the idea of a bunch of schoolboys being stranded on an island full of adventure and lacking grown-ups. I even liked a few of the "Lost" similarities (one of the main characters was even named Jack!) But I was pretty disappointed in this book. I do understand that this is more of a symbolic book than a literal one. And I also understand the irony surrounding the story (ex. the naval officer). I don't wanna give away too many spoilers, but I will say that I was not a fan of how pessimistically human nature was described.
Had a great day today - will post about it soon...
1 comment:
An absolute favorite of mine, but I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Post a Comment