To cheer me up, R took me into town. We had fun playing around in The Toy House. I didn't buy anything, but I loved looking at all of the board games! I especially enjoyed drooling over their selection of "How to Host a Murder" party game sets. I would love to host or participate in a Murder Mystery Party this summer - we'll see...
After reminiscing about a "How to Host a Murder" I went to in HS, we went to the bookstore in the mall. Books were buy one get one half off! Some people like shoes and handbags, but books make this girl happy. (I bought "Three Cups of Tea" and "The Shack" - so excited to read them!)
After getting my book fix, I was forced to acknowledge that I am getting old. I couldn't believe it when I saw these tiny little skirts that look like tutus everywhere. When did this become fashionable?! Yikes! If I were 15 would I really wear that?!
We couldn't resist the new combination Tim Horton's/Cold Stone Creamery that just opened across from the mall. I was surprised to see how "high tech" it was inside. The menu boards were all TVs with moving ads and commercials.
Maybe all of the technology is why my icecream was $3.50?! But I can't complain because my "like it" size (nothing is called small, medium, or large any more) CAKE BATTER icecream with pecans was worth every penny.
2 comments:
It is hard being away from "home" especially when there is stuff going on. Hate to break it to you but it doesn't really get any easier :(
Oh come on you could totally pull off one of those tutu's!
Murder Mystery party, heck yes! Mike and I have always wanted to have one.
What family activity did you miss? Don't feel too bad since you're one up on me, I didn't even know about it! :)
Post a Comment