Saturday, May 09, 2009

K-unF-C

Earlier this week, my sis sent me an email with coupons for free grilled chicken from KFC. I immediately printed out the coupons and set my heart on having chicken for dinner. (It doesn't hurt that I work 2 minutes from the place.) I had to wait 10-15 minutes in the drive-thru line for my meal (which didn't bother me one bit since I had a good book with me) I guess a few people watch Oprah...

The coupon was for 2 grilled (although I heard it's really roasted) pieces of chicken, 2 sides (I chose coleslaw and mashed potatoes with gravy), and a biscuit.



The skin was a bit greasy, so I removed that after taking my first bite. I have to say, I really enjoyed this meal! Really juicy and flavorful even w/o the skin. KFC must have marketing geniuses working for them because I would probably never had tried this without the coupon, but I'll DEF be getting this again sometime...

Since I've spent so long blogging about chicken, I guess it won't hurt to go on even more about it. For dinner the other night I put some grilled chicken (leftover from the kabobs last weekend), leftover white rose rice, BBQ sauce, and a slice of American cheese onto a whole wheat tortilla and put it on the Foreman grill. SO GOOD! I had my wrap with broccoli and even more rice.



(Two posts in one day? Weird.)

No comments: