Monday, April 20, 2009

Diary

This morning for breakfast I had fat free greek yogurt, a little honey, and plenty of granola. As usual, it rocked.



I packed it up in my "Fit and Fresh" container that has an icepack in it and brought it to work to eat at my desk.



Lunch was leftovers of baked tofu, cauliflower, and rice.

For dinner I had a taco salad with iceburg lettuce, fat free Cesar dressing, leftover taco meat (R cooked up some taco meat when we made the steak and chicken fajitas last week), doritos, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and tomato. Yum! This bowl was HUGE.



I crumbled some of these jalapeno popper chips on the salad that I found in the cupboard. This was the first time I'd tried them and they were awesome. (But nothing is as good as good ole cool ranch flavor.)



I wasn't planning on having dessert, but when I found this box of Lofthouse Snickerdoodle cookies, I just couldn't resist... I had the cookie with a cup of tea.



Last night I finished reading the library book "Diary" by Chuck Palahniuk:



This was the first Chuck Palahniuk book that I've ever read - but it won't be the last! I was completely sucked into this dark, disturbing, yet hilarious book - so much so that I was even having DREAMS about it...

It's hard to write much about this book because it's one of those books that's easy to ruin - like with M. Night Shyamalan movies. So instead of a description or synopsis, here are a couple sweet lines:

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace."

"Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It's all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self-portrait. Everything is a diary."

"All the effort in the world won't matter if you're not inspired."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmmm taco salad for us tomorrow!

Kerry said...

i'm glad you liked the book so much. he is by far one of my favorites.

Matthew said...

I ditto Kerry. Rant is my favorite of his, even more than fight club.

I did watch Spirit before we left. I loved Samuel Jackson and Scarlet in the film, but overall it was so freaking weird. Prolly my least favorite frank miller film, I am looking forward to sin city 2 however, because sin city was the best superhero movie ever made.