Sunday, April 19, 2009

Babying my Knees

I'm trying to seduce my knees so that they'll be really nice to me next Sunday...

I had originally planned on running 13.1 miles outside today, but my plans DRASTICALLY changed. I ended up running 4 miles on the treadmill. LOL Big difference, I know! I put on my new "knee sleeves" before I hopped on the treadmill:



They were wonderful today! (Much better than when I tried them last week.) In fact, my knees felt so great during today's run that I decided to just stop running way before I planned just so I wouldn't be tempting fate! (Hence, 4 mile run instead of a half!)

After stretching and a shower, even though I wasn't in any pain I sucked up to my knees even more by putting some "BIOFREEZE" on them. (I love this stuff and will write more about it in another post sometime.)

Just one more scheduled run before the big day! C'mon knees, don't fail me now!!!

I had a great weekend (even though it was weird being away from R all day Saturday!). After going to my friend's bridal shower I went to my parent's house.

It was a gorgeous day so we went out to Custar, OH and did three geo-caches. So much fun! Some of the caches were tricky to get to:



When we returned from geo-caching, we had the BEST dinner. We had BBQ pork with mom's special rub, cole slaw, and potatoes:



I ate and ate. It was so tasty! I also enjoyed a nice cold coors light and a tequila sunrise or two...



Blaire and Zoe came over and we had a great time hanging out. Zoe even painted my nails and now they look like the British flag!

Later we watched a very weird (but in a good way) Frank Miller movie and a few minutes of the Best of Amy P on SNL. Then I crashed and slept until 10am!

I was so nice getting so much sleep!

For breakfast I enjoyed a sausage biscuit, eggs, and part of my Easter gift from my parents:



This is my FAVORITE tea! Mom and dad picked up this Mexican Sweet Chili Yogi tea from Whole Foods. I love it! (Mom liked it, too!)

For Easter I also got this cool USB cable (which I just used for the first time):



A cool blue bag, and white balsamic:



R thought this looked fantastic!

Off to go watch some TV with R...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You and my mom can start the bio-freeze fan club.

Any thoughts for Sunday? Where to have people watch and what not.

Emily said...

biofreeze is amazing. I will vouch for it!

Matthew said...

Did you watch the Spirit?

Anonymous said...

We'll hope and pray that those knees hold up for this Sunday, and beyond!

Any thoughts on carpooling from BG to the race? I thought since your mom, you and I all need to get there early, maybe we could save on gas/parking.

Either way, let me know.

BradFam said...

Sarah and Mike -- Are you coming into BG Fri? I was thinking Mike, Brooke, and I should probably make the trip to T-town together on Saturday to pick up our chips and browse through the Expo (and finalize plans for Sunday).