Sunday, March 01, 2009

Rock and Run



This morning I had such a fun 11 mile run. I managed to shave 5 minutes off of last Sunday's time without really even trying, so that was cool. I took quick walking breaks at miles 3, 6, and 9. (And I had a HammerGel at 6 miles - which may seem wimpy to most runners, but I know my body and I need it! I'm so happy that I've found a way to keep me from puking during runs.)

I got so into today's run because I shuffled THREE NEW CD'S on my iPod. (Thanks, D!)

- Dark Horse, Nickelback
- The Sound of Madness, Shinedown
- Scars & Souvenirs, Theory of a Deadman

This was far and away the best running playlist that I've EVER had. Almost every song was new to me - which I loved cuz they ROCKED. Some songs even made me laugh out loud (like Nickelback's Shakin' Hands!) and others made me run faster and farther (Shinedown's Cyanide Sweetooth Suicide).

All of the rock music was so different from the R&B/Pop I usually listen to. I'll definitely be repeating these CD's during next Sunday's 12 miler!

I felt like a million bucks during and after today's run, but to be honest I'm getting very NERVOUS about what my running will be like outside. I'm a treadmill runner. I love having control of the speed, temperature, lack of WIND, lack of ice, etc. I need to get my booty outside soon and practice running on the HARD PAVEMENT. To date the farthest I've ever run outside is 4 miles. In the weeks ahead, I'm really going to need to start running outside to get a better feel of what the half marathon will be like. Yikes! It'll be here before I know it!

(Two posts in one day? Cool.)

4 comments:

BradFam said...

With the miles and speed you've got under your belt, I think the outside running will fall into place. Now you just need the weather to cooperate.

Sarah said...

You can always come to Westerville for some extreme outside running! Seriously though, you and Mike should meet up in BG for a long run outside.

Anonymous said...

I got really comfy on my "home track", a loop I do in our 'hood, and it was tough at first to branch out and run in different places, but you'll get the chance to soon, and like your mom said, with all the training you've put in, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Meghann said...

Great run!