Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Mmmm Fruity

Ron received a fruit basket the other day and it's been so nice having so much fresh fruit in the house!

For breakfast I had Kashi autumn wheat cereal with strawberries, blueberries, and skim milk. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this! I might need to make an effort to keep berries in the fridge more often...



Since there are only about 15 of us left at my work (everyone is in Las Vegas for the big photo convention) they had lunch catered for us by Roly Poly. Originally they were going to have pizza ordered, but I was happy that they went with Roly Poly instead. I chose two different mini wraps (they aren't as big as they look in the pic) - I'm not quite sure which kinds I got but they tasted good. We also had a fruit salad. Mmmm, more fruit...






When I got home there was chicken noodle soup on the stovetop so I had a bowl of that...



with crackers and mozz cheese balls that we picked up a couple weeks ago in Toledo at Fresh Market. (Fresh Market is far and away my favorite grocery store in Toledo!) The cheese wasn't as good as it was when it was actually FRESH, but it was still pretty tasty...



I just hopped on the treadmill thinking I was going to do the "10k Fun Run" program on the treadmill. I only ran 1 mile when those huge crazy inclines (10.5!!!) got to me. I didn't feel very well (I wasn't sick yet but I was afraid I was heading in that direction) and my legs were feeling very tight. So I decided to call it a day and stopped. I'll have to run my 6 miles tomorrow. It's not worth getting sick over tonight!

R is out playing poker right now. That's VERY VERY RARE for a weekday. I think he's celebrating the fact that he had his annual review at work today and it went very well. :)

So since I'm without R tonight and there's nothing I wanna see on TV (not sure why I'm not feeling "Idol" like I used to...) I'm planning on cross-stitching for a little bit and then crawling into bed to read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.

4 comments:

BradFam said...

Those berries look so fresh, juicy, and tasty! Glad R's review went well.

Sarah said...

Yum berries. I got a huge carton of blueberries at TJ's for very cheap ($5 I think). Blueberries seem to stay fresh forever in our fridge. Those strawberries look delicious that must mean we are getting closer to warm weather!

Blaire said...

All of your food looks delicious! The chicken noodle soup especially! Is it homemade?

Brooke said...

I'll have to check those out next time I'm at TJ's! Blueberries can be so expensive but they're delish. The strawberries were good, but they aren't fresh out of mom's garden good yet. But you're right - we're getting closer to warmth!!!

Ron usually makes chicken noodle soup from scratch (which is what I thought this was at first) but this time he took a dry packaged bag of chicken noodle soup mix and then added chicken broth (he used boullion actually) and freshly cooked chicken. It was good but it's much better when he does it from scratch!