Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quoth the kitty, "Nevermore."



Ok, maybe it's just because I'm "watching" the Baltimore Ravens game with R and Ron right now, but Lucien up high like that made me think of Poe. :)

This was NOT good healthy day for me. It started off ok with a leftover whole wheat pancake from yesterday and the last of the can of pineapple I used with my sweet and sour pork earlier in the week.



Today's run sucked. :( I've had tons of runs when either my mind OR my body wanted me to stop running. Most often it's my mind that gets bored and tells me to stop running - but if my body is feeling strong, I have the motivation I need to finish a difficult run. Other times my body wants to stop running. I'll be breathing hard, feeling a little pain in my knees or shins but my mind will convince me that I can do it, keep running. Unfortunately, today both my mind AND my body were begging me to stop running. So I did. :( It was just a bad run.



So since I was a quitter today, I didn't finish my scheduled 7 mile run. But I am NOT going to get behind schedule with my running. So I'm going to have to complete my 7 miler ASAP.

Lunch was my leftovers from last night.



That's when my healthy eating went out the window. I made Rachael Ray's Cuban sloppy joes. The only thing that makes them cuban is the "mojo" sauce that is in them. The sauce rocked. Onions, garlic, cumin, EVOO, water - YUM!



I had some extra "mojo" left, so I added extra to the top of my bun. I also had some flax seed tortilla chips.



After dinner I had a bowl of the icecream that R picked out: Espresso Chip.



R described this perfectly when he said, "It tastes like I'm eating Starbucks." It rocked.

I'm off to make a sweet playlist for whenever I run my 7 miler...

2 comments:

BradFam said...

Uh-oh! There are run days like that sometimes. Be sure to drink plenty of water the next several days and then tackle that 7 miles!

Is Lucien celebrating Edgar Allen Poe's 200th birthday a day early? (Jan 19, 1809)

Blaire said...

Cute picture of Lucien! As a product of popular culture, (and our father) I can only picture Bart as the raven!