Friday, January 16, 2009

Mamma Mia!



I've been really pushing myself on my runs this week. I ran the whole 5 miles at 6mph with no walking, but I did hold on to the treadmill for a little bit today. I got "Mamma Mia!" in the mail from Netflix early on in the week. I decided to put it on while I did my run tonight. It was so much fun running while watching the movie! After 50 minutes my run was over and I was BEAT. I didn't want to stop watching the movie! But I made myself stop watching. Now I have something to look forward to for my long run on Sunday - finishing up the show!

For breakfast this morning I had 2 microwave cooked scrambled eggs with a little "mexican" cheese and salsa on a spinach flour tortilla. I wanted sour cream on it, but I exercised a little self control and resisted.



The spinach tortilla was great - but VERY STRONG. Almost too "spinach-y" for breakfast. I think I would use a regular or whole wheat tortilla for my next breakfast burrito, but the spinach tort will be great for a lunch-time wrap. Maybe tomorrow?

I also had a glass of apple juice this morning with my burrito. We usually don't have apple juice on hand, but I bought some to make the sweet and sour pork. It was a nice treat this morning.

Lunch was leftover sweet and sour pork over quinoa.



I had a banana bread Larabar around 3pm.

I actually started my dinner off with a salad tonight. Ron had romaine lettuce in the fridge, so I grabbed some of that and topped it with ranch dressing, cheese, and croutons. I ate the salad while my pasta boiled...



R bought this pot a couple years ago. I really like it because you don't need a colander - you just hold the lid on tight and the water drains out.



We have TONS of parm cheese right now. TONS. I set the baking powder next to the cheese to get an idea of how big these cheese containers are.



I decided to have a little whole wheat pasta and pesto with my big bowl of parm cheese. Ooops! Luckily I burned off a bunch of those cheese calories during today's run...



I was laying in bed this morning wondering when my alarm would go off. (I use the alarm on my cell phone as my alarm clock every morning.) I looked at my phone, and the alarm HAD GONE OFF. I just didn't hear it! Luckily I still had plenty of time and wasn't late for work. Then I had R call me and the phone would not ring. I tested it multiple times throughout the day and the RINGER IS BROKEN. R couldn't even get it to work. Besides that the phone is working fine. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I think I'll do a little online research and if that doesn't help I guess I'll have to start looking on eBay for a used sprint phone!



I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's over two years old and has been dropped countless times... :)

2 comments:

BradFam said...

Your consistent running and increased speed is certainly getting you closer to 13.1. I watched TV yesterday while I walked just over 5 miles (I did 3 miles in 44 minutes, but then slowed downed until the movie was over at 83 minutes).

Sorry about your phone; maybe you could take it to a local Sprint store and at least have them look at it. If you look through ebay be sure to thorougly investigate the pitfalls of buying a used phone online.

Brooke said...

You had such a great workout!!! Watching TV while on the treadmill really helps to pass the time...

I decided to take your advice and contact Sprint before I went the ebay route - I'm so glad I did! They said that they are going to replace my phone - I was shocked!!!