I used two slices of whole wheat bread, one egg, milk, and cinnamon. I accidentally poured in TONS of cinnamon into the egg/milk mixture when I really wanted just a little bit. Turns out, that much cinnamon was GREAT! I will def add that much next time I make it! I also had a half a shot of pure maple syrup.
I've had these cool containers (from Target) for awhile, but I don't know if I've ever really talked about them on the blog before. (I'm thinking about them now because I accidently left my lunchbox and containers at work today! Now I'm not sure what I'll pack my lunch in tomorrow!) I love this "Fit and Active" salad container.
I put butter lettuce, pistachios, cranberries, and POM SEEDS in the bottom of the container.
But the coolest part of the container is that you put your salad dressing in the little yellow part at the top. It doesn't hold too much dressing - which is a good thing for me and portion control! I added TJ's cranberry, walnut, gorgonzola dressing. It's great because it keeps the dressing and salad separate so everything doesn't get SOGGY. When you're ready to eat you turn the yellow knob and the dressing falls out onto your salad. Then you shake the container and the dressing is spread out evenly throughout the salad.
For lunch I had veggie pasta soup with my salad. I used another container from Target.
This container is cool because it has a super tight lid so the soup doesn't leak into my lunch box. Also, I just remove the blue tab at the top when I put it in the microwave and it doesn't make a big mess in the microwave.
I also packed two Kashi bars. I had one for a snack and saved the other one for tomorrow...
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH MY STRENGTH TRAINING. (Or lack there of.) I have been giving my runs 100%. I treat each scheduled run with as much priority as going to work - NON-NEGOTIABLE. But unfortunately, I give zero priority to my scheduled strength training. THIS IS CHANGING NOW! If I'm going to get strong, fit, and TONED then strength training is a MUST. I am making a promise to myself that I will strength train on Thursday and Saturday this week.
5 comments:
Wow, we truly are sisters! Every time I am in that isle at Target I pick that same salad container up but I never end up buying it! I just love it!! I should have figured you had it! I didn't know the dressing fell into the salad! I just thought it was its own container-- how exciting! Goodness, I (well, I'm sure its "We") get too excited over the little things!
That's so funny! See, we're more alike than we think!!! We both do get excited over the little things. :)
I'm interested in the soup container - no spills. How many ounces does it hold?
Do you still belong to PF to do your circuit training?
The soup container is 20oz. I bought it at Target awhile ago for $5.99 but I couldn't find on their website. Here is the exact thing at the Corningware sight but for $8.99:
http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/index.asp?pageID=231&upc=71160308015&b=33
A whole can of that good Aldi's soup fits in it with a little room to spare.
Yep - I'm still a member at Planet Fitness. I'm planning on going there tomorrow for 30 minutes of circuit training! Even if I don't feel like it, I'm MAKING myself go!
Oops! I didn't make myself go! But it was -11 degrees out! I did do strength training tonight though, so that's the important thing IMO!
Post a Comment