Thursday, January 29, 2009

Better than Roses

Breakfast: Oatmeal at work after weigh-in

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, feta, craisins, and cranberry dressing; Carrots with maple syrup, celery with peanut butter




Snack: At work today there was a big meeting with people from Las Vegas. They had "Roly Poly" catering - and since we helped setup, we were able to help ourselves to the extras. I didn't take a picture (this one is from the net) but I had two DELICIOUS small veggie wraps and a cookie. (Ooops. A better decision would've been to put them in a Ziploc and eat them for lunch tomorrow. Oh well!)



When I got home from work, R surprised me with a whole grocery bag full of greek yogurt! He stopped at TJ's during his lunch break. To me, this is much better than getting flowers! He bought me 3 full fat yogurts, 3 non-fat yogurts, and 3 2%. Btw, the yogurt was the only thing he bought - he went there just for it! How sweet.



Obviously I'm not going to complain about him not using a reusuable bag when he was giving me such a nice surprise... :)

I don't know what was with me today, but I have been a BOTTOMLESS PIT. I just can't get enough food in me. Even now I want to eat!

For dinner I ate way too much, but it just tasted so good. My meal was inspired by a Robin Miller recipe, but I changed it a ton. I finally used the butternut squash that I had bought over Christmas when I was shopping with mom and R. I cut it in half, scraped out the goop, and then microwaved it for 5 minutes.

I finally used this old bag of "fake" chicken that I've had since when I lived in Pburg. I've been afraid of it - but luckily it was actually pretty good.




For the stuffing I mixed cooked brown rice, the fake chicken, cumin, dried parsley, and sourcream. I filled up the squash with the filling and then topped it with mexican blend cheese and baked it for ten minutes. It was so tasty. I ended up eating both servings (including the one I was planning on taking for my lunch tomorrow!). It's a good thing tomorrow isn't a weigh in day!



Hmmmmm, wonder what I had for dessert?!

No comments: