Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finally, Some Christmas Spirit

With the exception of occasionally listening to Christmas carols on the way home from work and a fun night out with R on Saturday, I just have not been into Christmas this year.

For the last few weeks, everyone around me has been talking about Christmas and presents and shopping while I just listened. A few times in the last weeks I've THOUGHT about Christmas shopping, but always had an excuse not to. (A truck that won't start, nearly 10 inches of snow on the ground, crowds, etc.)

But over the weekend I sat down and decided what I wanted to get for everyone, and last night (Dec 22!) R picked me up from work (the truck was in the shop AGAIN) and we went shopping. It was so much fun! We cut back this year and since it was last minute shopping the gifts weren't quite as personal as I would like, but it really put me in the Christmas spirit!

I can't wait to go home (I'm at work right now - there are literally only FOUR of us in this huge building right now!) and wrap presents! Since I've waited so long this year to get happy and excited about the holidays, I decided that I'm going to pour myself a nice big mug of the Belgium dark hot cocoa that R bought yesterday and do my best job of wrapping ever. I always just slap on some paper and call it a day. But this year I'm going to SLOW down, do it neatly, and even add a few ribbons and bows.

No comments: