Sunday, November 16, 2008

PDR - 5.5 miles

Despite beer and mexican food last night, I had a great weigh-in this morning: 154.8. I am getting closer and closer to my goal weight of 132... (I chose 132 as my goal weight because that would mean a 100 lb loss - I weighed 232 awhile ago...)

For breakfast this morning I had some regular yogurt with granola. It was ok. I really missed my greek yogurt!!!



Later in the morning I hopped on the treadmill for a 5.5 mile run. Even though my 5 miler went so poorly, I just decided to suck it up, stay on schedule, and go for it. Since I struggled so much for my last long run, I reduced my speed to 5mph because I figured slow and steady is better than fast and not being able to finish!



I managed to do it in 1.06:18! I slowed to a walk for about a minute at 3 miles, and then at 4.5miles (almost done!) my heart rate was WAY TOO HIGH. I'm not sure what my heart rate was, but I could FEEL my heart beating, so I decided to COMPLETELY STOP for 2 minutes. I pressed stop, and stood on the treadmill with my hands over my head waiting for my heart rate to lower. It took 2 minutes until I felt comfortable running again. To be honest, I'm proud of myself. I burned a ton of calories (581.5) and I don't even care that I needed to stop twice. I'm really excited about my long run next Sunday - a 10k! 6.2 miles!

After my LONG run I showered and ate a handful of trailmix while I waited for R and Toby to finish making lunch.



Lunch today was the UNHEALTHIEST thing possible: FRIED EVERYTHING.

They used Drakes batter. (Which I remember from when I was a kid...)



Fried chicken wings:



Fried mushrooms:



Hushpuppies:



and of course, french fries:



I was frustrated by the unhealthy food all around me, but I didn't have the will power to stay away from it. :( I had a plate of everything except the wings. I wanted to go back for seconds, and thirds, but I resisted...



Dinner was a yummy "Turkey Reuben."



Instead of sauerkraut they put coleslaw on the sammie. There was also swiss cheese, turkey slices, and thousand island dressing on marble rye bread. Very good!



I just registered for my first half marathon on April 26th!

Although I ate HIGH CALORIE FOODS today, I didn't really have that much food today. So I'm really hungry right now. I'm going to try to stay away from food and just have a cup of tea because I don't really need any more calories...

Now I'm off to relax for the rest of this chilly Sunday night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on the run! usually when i get super exhausted like that, i cant start back up again after i recover. its like i lose my will and thats usually the end of ther workout. great job!

I love the bread on your reuben!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Moran said...

What a great run!