Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WOO HOO!



I know I pushed myself a bit too hard, but I was so thrilled that I actually did a 5k in under 30 minutes! I held on to the treadmill for awhile, but I don't even care. I was so happy! In fact, I was so excited that I called my mom as soon as I caught my breathe. I went outside on the front steps to talk to her because it was so cool out there. Lucien was spying on me to make sure I wasn't up to no good...


I tried to keep my food lighter today.

Breakfast: Cashew LaraBar (Sorry, no pic)

Lunch: Lean Cuisine lasagna and chicken scaloppini. I was blown away by how awesome the chicken was! It was pounded so nice and thin and then topped with the pasta sauce. I'll have to make this at home sometime.



Check out the cool article I saw when I was eating lunch today. I completely agree that music can help you burn more calories. I know that music helps keep me going during my workouts...



I ate the apple for my 3:30 snack, but I saved the orange for another day.

Dinner: TJ's Palak Paneer



The pic of my food looks absolutely HORRIBLE. It tastes much better than it looks. I mixed it with 3/4 cup basmati rice that I cooked the other week and a dollop of greek yogurt.



After dinner I was still hungry and I had tons of calories available, so I had a bowl of cereal.



After my run and shower I had a handful of pumpkin seeds that I roasted up last night...



Off to go finish watching House. :)

2 comments:

Blaire said...

Great job on running in 29 minutes!! That is awesome!

Your dinner does look absolutely discusting!:o) What's the green?

I bet you've lost alot of lbs with this new running program!:)

Brooke said...

Hehe, I didn't think you would like the look of my dinner. :) It's cooked spinach!

Luckily I am losing weight because of my running. I just have to get my weekend eating under control and then I'll be on a roll...