Monday, October 20, 2008

A couple of trolls...

On Friday we decided to spend the day in the Upper Peninsula. It cracks me up how anyone who lives below the bridge is considered a troll. Hehe. And they call themselves Yoopers. (U.P. er)

I loved driving around up there! Although we've been to the UP a number of times, this was my first time visiting in the fall and I loved it! We drove by the lake and trees on our way up to Manistique. We shopped, ate, and went to the casino there.





We ate at a hole in the wall bar called Marley's.




I wasn't in the mood for fried food, so I chose to have a bowl of spicy chicken tortellini soup. It was great! I loved having the tortellini pasta in a soup. (In fact, i decided that some time I would love to make a chicken noodle soup type soup that used tortellini instead of noodles.)



Being the trolls that we are, after hanging out at the bar and watching R win a bit of money at the casino we decided to head back towards the bridge.

We stopped at this lake-side park on the way back.



In the car I was getting hungry so I ate this lemon ginger Kardea bar that I had brought from home. It was tasty and it filled me up really well. I especially liked the rice-crispy thingys in it.



It was so nice of them to send me the free samples! I am so excited to try out the other flavors...

No comments: