Monday, October 20, 2008

Best food of the trip!

Friday evening we drove back and stopped in St. Ignace (which is in the UP just across the bridge). We decided to spend some of the money R won at the casino and ate at a restaurant that I had never been to before: Mackinac Grille.



I started with the salad bar. I had a topping filled salad with ranch dressing,



a buttered roll,



and broccoli salad.



We usually don't order appetizers, but R wanted snails so he ordered escargot. They were just ok for me. I thought they were a bit rubbery - the cheese was the best part!




I was so excited for my dinner because I ordered my favorite - Whitefish! I had broiled whitefish on a maple plank, steamed veggies, and these fancy potatoes that had been piped into cute designs. It was absolutely amazing!




Then we headed to the St. Ignace casino. I wasn't in the mood to gamble, so I sat in the lounge and read by the fireplace while R won playing poker.

After quite a few hours of poker, we went to the casino bar and had a glass of red wine.



What a great night!

No comments: