I was so nervous and excited! For breakfast mom made french toast. It was great! I had two pieces, but I forgot to take a picture. I guess I had running on my mind!
When the race first started, I had the BIGGEST RUSH EVER! I just wanted to run and run and run. I was soooo happy! Mom had warned me that we were running faster than usual, but that didn't bother me at all - I sure didn't want to slow down!
Unfortunately, that didn't last! :(
Around mile 2, I started to lose my adreneline burst. There was a big hill that I needed to walk up. I ran a little while longer, but then I just had to walk another 2 minutes or so. I felt so bad. I was really disappointed with myself, but I was soooooo proud of mom because she was doing so awesome and running so fast!
Then an older man who was on the sidelines looked me in the eyes and yelled, "Come on, You're almost done!!!" I looked up and I could see the finish line just past a bridge. I started running as fast as I could.
At the time, I thought I had done so poorly, but it turns out that I had actually run the 5k in 33:45 - a PERSONAL RECORD! Mom kicked butt - 33:27! That was 13th in her age group! I was VERY impressed! And my brother in law, Dave, also did great - 27:25!
What a great day!!!!!!
After the race we went to Fifth Third field for a nice ceremony. I ate a little trail mix and a Yoplait yogurt
It was so nice of Blaire to suggest and organize all of this! I can't wait until she is feeling better...
I also thought it was sooooo cool that dad came to the race and supported us! (And listened to us go on and on about the race!)
No comments:
Post a Comment