Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunny Day

Today the sun was out (YAY!) so we laid out all day long! It started to get cloudy around 3pm so we got dressed and then went down to South Myrtle Beach (we're staying in North).

We kept driving until we got to Murrell's inlet which is supposed to have the best seafood in South Carolina. We parked and walked down the boardwalk until we got to a restaurant called "Drunken Jack's." There was an hour and a half wait so we ate hushpuppies and had a drink - I had a vodka and cranberry - on the back deck. We were able to look out onto the boardwalk and inlet. There was an island nearby that had goats on it! (They said they put the goats there to eat the underbrush...)




Since they are known for the seafood around here, I decided to get the "Angler's Platter" which was broiled flounder, shrimp, oysters, deviled crab, and a baked potato. It was expensive ($18) but FABULOUS. There was so much food that I was able to take more than half of it home for tomorrow's lunch.



It was a great time...

3 comments:

Rosaly Santana said...

It looks like it's been a great time :)

The Cool Commentator said...

I have read through a couple of your posts and it seems as though your travelling? It looks like your having an amazing time, the food and the scenery looks absolutely beautiful!

If you have a moment stop by my blog and leave me a comment! :)

Blaire said...

Hey you! I didn't know you were going to be posting from vacay! Couldn't take a break, could ya?:o)
Food looks amazing! Nice to see some cholesterol in your diet!:) Have a great time and see you soon!