So we decided to go out for lunch to "Hamburger Joes" it was this cute little hamburger joint that was super CHEAP. We got $1 draft Natural Light, (I don't think I'd had that beer since college!), a burger, and fries. It was not healthy, but it was so YUMMY! We sat outside on the back deck (even though it was windy!) and watched the ducks and turtles that were in the pond.
Later we got on the 6pm shuttle for Sun Cruz Casino boat. We had coupons for a free shuttle, boat ride, and meal on the casino boat. (All we had to pay for was the $10 port fee.) We were excited and looking forward to this trip all day. The weather was clearing up and there was no rain when the boat took off at 7pm.
Well once we got out into the ocean, a big storm came and the boat ride was AWFUL! We were splashing around like crazy and more than half of the boat was sea sick and puking - even Christi was so sick! I have no idea why or how, but I DID NOT GET MOTION SICKNESS. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. I mean, I get CARSICK, and yet I was not affected by this storm! Since the boat smelled like puke (and they didn't care how many people were sick, they wouldn't return until as scheduled at 1am!) we just stayed on the "sun deck" of the boat. It was cold, windy, dark, and a little scary up there, but at least it was fresh air! Since I wasn't going to go gamble while Christi was sick, we just stayed up there the whole time! It actually wasn't that bad though cuz we met a lot of nice people up there on the sun deck and had a nice time chatting...
2 comments:
Wow that boat trip sounds completely HORRIBLE. Puke everywhere? That's so disgusting. Too bad that was a complete let down in every way :(
Hi, I visit your interesting blog once in a while and totally sympathize with your terrible boat ride. I had a similar experience on a boat in Puerta Vallarta in 1999. Seriously, the people that run these operations only care about the money. Never again! Glad you're enjoying yourself otherwise! :-)
Post a Comment