Sunday, May 11, 2008

Greek Food in Greek Town

On Friday night I rode up to Detroit with two of R's buddies. After getting lost in a very shady area we finally made it to Greektown casino and met up with R. We parked at the casino (saved $20 by parking here!) and then walked around a bit down a few of the streets. I don't think I'd ever done this before! It seemed much safer than I expected - maybe because it was a game day?

We decided to eat at this cool looking restaurant less than a block from the casino called the New Parthenon. It was soooo awesome! If we ever go there again, I would definitely get the flaming cheese. It has a huge flame of fire and the people yell "Opa!" as they deliver it to the table!

I ordered the vegetarian Moussaka ($10.50). It was like a Greek casserole. Great choice! It had a ton of different veggies like eggplant, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, zuchhini, tomatoes, green beans, peas, etc topped with this fantastic white sauce. It was so fun ordering something that I've NEVER had at a restaurant before!

No comments: