It's not even 5:30pm and I'm already finished with dinner! (Usually I don't eat until at or after 7pm!) I feel "comfortably full" but I'm nervous that in a few hours I will be rummaging for food - most likely the sorbet in my freezer!
I made a mexican "pizza" tonight (well actually two of them!). I took two sprouted grain tortillas (I keep them in the freezer so I always have them on hand), slathered them with refried beans from a can, topped them with some frozen peppers that I stir-fried with cumin and chili powder. Then I added some taco sauce and cheese (I used mozz cuz I think I'll be using my cheddar for my enchiladas tomorrow). I broiled them for a few minutes and then I topped them with some fresh salsa that R had bought and ended up not liking cuz it was too sweet.
They were awesome!!! I loved how I could actually pick them up and eat them like a real pizza. (I think the sprouted grain tortillas are stronger than the normal ones!)
I'm off to enjoy what's left of my Sunday: watch "The Aristocrats", take a bath, read my VegNews mag, maybe take a nap...
I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment