All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW!
After school Mom and I worked out at the Y. It's so crazy how quickly I was able to get out of shape! We did quite a good workout though - it felt like I burnt a ton of calories. We walked for 5 minutes, jogged for 15 minutes, walked for 5 minutes, jogged for 10 minutes, and then walked for 5 minutes. I felt so great afterwards! Even though I'm missing R - I won't see him til Sat :( - I was in such a good mood afterwards that I decided I needed to relax in a tanning bed for 10 minutes.
Throughout my time in the tanning bed, I thought about how when I got home I was gonna eat sushi in the bathtub! (Hmmm, wonder where I got that idea, mom?!) So after tanning I stopped by Bassets (which is right next door) to pick up some sushi. They didn't have any veggie rolls! And the rolls they did have seemed overpriced and not appealing. :( But I was completely obsessed with this idea of eating sushi in the bathtub! So I decided to go over and pick up a roll from my favorite sushi place in the entire world - BISTRO WASABI! I've only been there a few times (I'm pretty sure that the last time I was there was my birthday dinner a couple years ago...) so I was a little nervous about going there for takeout.
Since the hostess looked very friendly and they weren't busy at all, I didn't even look at the menu. I just told the hostess that I wanted a roll for takeout and I asked what their vegetarian options were. She gave me a HUGE smile and said that she was a vegetarian too. She told me that the sweet potato maki is her favorite. It sounded a bit weird to me, but I love sweet potatoes, and she seemed to know what she was talking about, so I said I'd try it. Then she said it would be about five minutes and cost $5. I thought that was such a great price. (Cheaper than Bassetts!)
I've already gone on and on, but I just can't get over how amazing this maki was. It turned out to be fried (tempura) which makes it less healthy, but I looked it up online and it seems like the entire roll (6 pieces) was about 500 calories. I could eat this for dinner EVERY NIGHT. It was so simple. Fried sweet potatoes (which were cooked perfectly) wrapped in seaweed surrounded by rice. There were also a few sesame seeds (both black and white) and a splash of soy sauce. (There was wasabi and ginger on the side, but I didn't eat either of these...)
And Mom's idea about eating sushi in the bathtub?? PURE GENIUS!
UPDATE: I was so hungry tonight that I snacked too much. :( I had cheese and crackers. Too many of them. I should've just had a salad to go with the sushi - then I wouldn't have been so hungry tonight. I'm disappointed that I went over my calorie goal for the day...
No comments:
Post a Comment