Tonight I tried Soba noodles for the first time - YUM! I measured 2oz of them out on my food scale so that I was eating the correct serving size, and I was impressed with how many noodles you get for only 200 calories!! I used some frozen veggies from a Trader Joe's Stir-fry mix. I also baked up some tofu in a marinade found on the tofu box - balsamic, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. When the veggies were almost done cooking I added the rest of the marinade on top to give them a bit more flavor. The veggies and noodles were fantastic, but the baked tofu was just OK. I guess I was spoiled by the amazing taste and texture of the fried tofu over the weekend! But it was edible, and I'm sure I can convince myself to eat it on a regular basis...
As an after school snack, I had super ripe pineapple (I gotta eat it all up before it's too late!) topped with Fage yogurt, honey, and cinnamon. Wow. It was fantastic! I can't believe when I first tried this greek yogurt I didn't like it - now I love it so much I want it every day! It's sooo expensive, though. Which reminds me, I'm going to try to spend less on groceries than I used to before becoming veggie. I think my goal will be to spend less than $100 per month on my food. (This doesn't include eating out on Saturdays - that's considered entertainment to me!) So far I haven't spent anything on food in April - but then again, it is only April 2!
After going grocery shopping each week, I'm going to take pictures of everything I get cuz I love looking at those grocery pics on other people's blogs!
1 comment:
$100 per month?! Good luck with that!:o)
Post a Comment