This morning eggs sounded delicious so I made an egg and "dipped" a piece of buttered sprouted grain toast into it. It was yummy! (I know vegans don't eat eggs, but at this point in time I am not a vegan. Although someday I would like to completely elimate all animal products, I am going about this gradually and I'm not there yet! At this point, I'm not eating any meat but I do still have eggs and dairy - although I'm trying to minimize the amount of eggs and dairy I eat for weight loss purposes!)
Today for lunch I just brought some fruit and a slim-fast meal bar that I need to use up because we have a meeting during lunch today and we just have 15 minutes to eat, so I needed to pack something quick to eat! It's not very exciting, but I'm already looking forward to it!
3 comments:
How do you like that bread? I've never heard of sprouted grain.:)
By the way, your egg looks cooked perfectly!
I bought the bread in the frozen foods section of Meijer. (Ezekiel "Food for Life" Sprouted Grain Bread") I think it's supposed to go bad quickly if it's not frozen or kept in the fridge, so I just keep it in my freezer. The first time I had it I was disappointed and was like, "I paid almost $4 for THIS?!" But the second time I had it, I was madly in love. So now I'm addicted. (I've really gotten my money's worth out of it! I don't eat that much bread, so that loaf has lasted me almost 2 months! I just pull a piece out when I want it and toast it right up and then put the rest back in the freezer!)
Oh, and over the weekend I bought the sprouted grain english muffins from Ezekiel, and they are great! I liked those as soon as I tried them.
Oh! I guess I'm addicted to sprouted grain cuz I remembered that I also have sprouted grain tortillas in my freezer but I hardly ever use those cuz their flavor is great, but their texture is much rougher than a normal tortilla.
Thanks for the egg compliment! It was very tasty, but not nearly as filling as an oatmeal breakfast!
Post a Comment