For dinner tonight I boiled up some of Mom's homemade beet pasta. YUM! It was so pretty how the pasta turned the pasta water a dark purple color! I was surprised how much beet flavor was in the pasta... I added 2 tbsp of Trader Joe's basil pesto, 1 tbsp toated pine nuts (it looks like much more in the pic, but I measured it out carefully!), a bit of parsley, a little parm cheese, and a few oil packed sundried tomatoes. Mmmmm... Plus, it took less than ten minutes to put together this entire meal! I'm soooo looking forward to trying the other flavors of wheat pasta she made. (I'm pretty sure that Mom used white whole wheat - I'll have to check on that!) I honesty think that this dinner was "good enough" to be served at an Italian restaurant. It was definitely the unique flavor of the beet pasta that did the trick...
As an after school snack I had a small bag of Flat Earth veggie chips (only 130 calories) and after dinner for "dessert" I finished off the container of Fage yogurt with a little honey and cinnamon.
Time to go take a bath and chill out...
No comments:
Post a Comment