Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mexican Feast!



This dinner was CRAZY good! (It was also one of the least healthy, but it's gotta be like that sometimes!)

I had two cheese and onion enchiladas (canned sauce), with leftover polenta from the other night's dinner, and refried beans (from a can - I forgot to soak the bag of kidney beans I was planning on using) topped with salsa and sour cream. Then I covered the whole thing with little dots of Franks Red Hot (my favorite hot sauce!). WOW. I think I could happily eat this for dinner every single night. (Although I know the scale would punish me if I had this much cheese regularly!)

The only problem is that I'm completley STUFFED (I haven't been really stuffing myself since I stopped eating meat) and I was planning on doing my second 30 minute jog this evening. Hopefully I feel up to exercising in about an hour or so!!

2 comments:

Blaire said...

That looks restaurant quality good! What did you use for the wrap, corn tortillas? You should make that same meal again for us one night for a girls night!

Brooke said...

Yep, they are just plain ole corn tortillas! Using the pre-made enchilada sauce is a big cheat! I would love to make this for us during a girls night!!! It was so easy it just takes minutes.

The only problem? They are so HEAVY that I did NOT feel like exercising tonight! Oh, well - it was worth it!