I completely over ate at dinner last night. :(
We went to Erie, Mi (which is really just 15 minutes from my apartment) last night to eat dinner somewhere I'd never been - Angelo's Northwood Villa. When R was a kid his family's favorite place to go to dinner was the Northwood Inn, and at one time the Northwood Villa was owned by the same people and had the same food, just at a different location. Well, the Villa has changed ownership and changed their menu around, but we decided to go there anyway. When we walked in, it was super dark (almost pitch black) with mirrored walls, glass tables, and low sitting velvet couches. There was a 30 minute wait cuz we didn't have reservations (we noticed that EVERYONE had reservations.) We were the only people waiting. R wanted to know why noone was doing lines of coke on the waiting room tables (cuz this waiting area looked exactly like it was out of the 1980s - but in a good way)...
When we were finally seated, I was looking around and it almost felt surreal inside. I loved how it looked but for some reason I felt like I was in a dream or something. We decided that it was because the dining room looking like it was from many different decades. Overall it had the feel like we were on the Titanic or something, but with a bit of 1970's and 1980's thrown into the mix. I did like how there was a keyboard player playing all kinds of nice music but there were black curtains all around him and he was wearing a black shirt, so it kinda looked like he was just a head with no body playing the keyboard - it added to the dream-like feeling! Plus everything seemed to kinda be going in slow motion. We were there for over 2 hours just cuz everything was taking sooo long! (But we weren't in a hurry so that was fine...)
There are some pictures of the place at their website when you click on the "tour" link:
http://www.angelosnorthwoodvilla.com/
Anyway, we had the FAMOUS cheese bread and it was GREAT (but I have to admit, it really did taste exactly like R's brother's version of the bread that I've had before...) I had a garden salad with yummy homemade ranch dressing. I ordered a meal I had never heard of "Baked Mostaccioli." It was just penne pasta in a mariana sauce baked with TONS of mozz cheese on top. It was awesome! (My salad, bread, and pasta were only $11.50. I thought this was an amazing deal.) It was a strange but great dinner experience and I hope we go back again soon. Although I only ate half of my dinner (and doggie bagged the rest) I still ate WAY too much food and I hope next time I can control myself a bit better!
2 comments:
You should have your wedding and reception there! It sounds awesome!
That's a good idea. I saw on their website that they do wedding receptions...
Post a Comment