Monday, October 15, 2007

Rollercoaster, Yo-Yo, Whatever - It Sucks

182.2 Pounds

Here I am, yet again, back on my diet. It really would be much much easier if I were to just stick with the diet and then lose weight as opposed to be on a diet for a little while, go off of it, gain a bunch of weight, and then be back where I started (or sometimes even weigh MORE than when I started!)

Today I started wearing a pedometer. My goal for the week is to walk 10,000 steps every day. Here it is almost 9pm and I'm at 9586. I won't go to bed until I'm at my goal! When I got home from school and work, I ate my dinner that I had cooked yesterday (good idea!!) and then I went for a walk. It felt so fresh and wonderful outside! I love the fall so much! I love walking and biking outside on evenings like this.

B.M.A.- I hope you call me again soon to go for a walk with your dogs! It seems like I can never go when you call, but I would really love to! (Especially now that the weather is so great!)

Anyway, this pedometer thing really got me off of my butt today cuz I know I never would've gone for a nice 30 minute walk after both jobs if I wasn't trying to reach my step goal. After reaching this goal for a week or so, I think I should raise it my about 500 steps - hmmm, we'll see. The goal here is to STICK WITH IT!!! (And not give up so quickly!!!)

I can do this. Progress, not perfection... Progress, not perfection...

(I mentioned that I love weight loss blogs - well my new blog to read is Valerie Bertinelli's Weight Watchers Blog! I also have recently discovered the joys of myspace! I love reading the blogs of people I know! Too bad none of my myspace people are writing about weight loss! I know I don't have the guts to write about weight loss on there cuz everyone knows who you are there!)

Breakfast: Citrus smoothie
Lunch: Mushroom polenta lasagna
Dinner: Enchilada with refried beans, salsa, soy chicken, and cheese
Wine: One glass of red wine

1 comment:

Blaire said...

We must walk together- even if it is just once a week. Maybe plan a specific day each week...? The Y has added spinning to their core classes, so you can sign up for $16 and take any class at any Y. I already signed up. They even have 8:00p spinning classes! That would really get my butt in gear knowing that I can't put off a workout since it's not too late to go to a class! The classes keep me motivated- people expect you to be there and you feel silly when you get questioned about missing. My goal is to spin five times a week. A major problem I am having is late night snacking. I eat real good during the day, but then at night, I just want to hit the cookies, ice cream, french onion dip! You seem to be sticking to your veggie regimine! How is that working? I still have black beans for you! Hang in there! Don't say "diet"--- say "lifestyle change"!:) Less psychologically mind f***ing!:)