Thursday, September 13, 2007

Progress, not Perfection

I feel like I'm getting away with something because I should be at a meeting right now from 7-9pm. I'm so glad I'm not there and instead am at home in my comfy apartment reading and playing on the internet. I'm feeling SOO much more energetic and happy right now! I slept for about 20 minutes today from 6-6:20pm. I really liked that! I woke up feeling refreshed. Dad takes a quickie nap after work every day and I think I'm going to start that habit, too. I'm just so beat all the time. Maybe that 20 minutes would energize me for the rest of the evening until I go to bed at 10:30. (I just decided that 10:30 is my new bedtime.)

So since I have a new bedtime, I also have a new "WakeTime." My new waketime is 6:30am. I keep pushing back my wakeup time to 6:45. I'm going to get up at 6:30 and leave for work by 7:00am. On the mornings that I need to wash my hair I will get up at 6:15am. I really need to start getting to school earlier every day from here on out. I promise myself that I will leave home by 7am EVERY MORNING. This should get me to school by 7:15. That's about fifteen minutes earlier than I've been getting there lately.

Today I ate meat. I had a nice veggies & pasta dish that I made last night all ready to go for my lunch to today with a yummy fresh orange. And of course, I left it at home. So I had no lunch. And I need my lunch. So since I can't leave to go out for lunch, I just ordered one from the school cafeteria. It was actually pretty good. Cheetos, applesauce, carrots with ranch dip, and a turkey and cheese sandwich. I took of the cheese but I ate the turkey. I realize now that I should have just taken off the meat and eaten the lettuce and tomato. I feel a little disappointed in myself. But I'm making huge progress and that's more important and more realistic that perfection, right?

Today's Meal Plan. (STOP EATING OUT!!! YOU ARE WASTING MONEY AND YOU LOVE TO COOK. SO COOK.)
Breakfast: Berry Smoothie
Snack: 2 Grahm Crackers
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich, cheetos, applesauce, carrots with ranch dip
Dinner: Spinach Zingo (Pita); Hummus with Pita
Dessert: 1/2 Vegan Chocolate Cupcake (I wasn't going to get this, but it just looked SOOO good at Zingos)
Extra Snack: 2 Fig Newtons (I should not have eaten this extra snack because I wasn't even very hungry.)

Goals for tomorrow:
1) Exercise (Walk or bikeride after school)
2) Eat vegan
3) Cook dinner when I get home
4) Be smart about eating

No comments: