Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oktoberfest

Mom and Dad got to my apartment around 8am and I felt like crap. I had an awful hangover. We had to stop twice for me on the way to Frankenmuth cuz I wasn't feeling well. We had such a blast walking around town, the farmers market, and a craftshow. Then around noon we headed over to Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest started off pretty calm. It was this one large "tent" - more like a building, really. It had these blue and white Bavarian banners all over with HB on them for the beer. There was an American flag and an even larger German one. There were rows and rows of tables that were packed with people! We were really lucky to get four seats on the end of one of the tables. Lots of people were dressed up in German outfits. Mom loved listening to the people yodeling. Dad and R were buying pitchers of beer. I don't know when beer has ever tasted so good!

I don't think I've ever seen my dad get into something so much! He was doing all the German toasts, raising his glass, yelling "oy, oy, oy" with everyone during the "Ein Prosit", singing the german songs, it was awesome. We were drinking this really really good Hofbrau beer. He was dancing with mom and he also taught me how to dance like that. He held my hand on the way back to the table.

But as the evening went on, it got crazier and crazier! The people in the band had been drinking the entire day, so by the night even they were drunk too. They would do wild things like lift up tables and they couldn't put the table down until all the beer was gone. They had this nice Bavarian flag and they said that they would give it away to the first person who got naked on stage. A guy was in his underwear before the police started moving closer to the stage.

I think I'll always remember Oktoberfest with R, mom, and dad. We went back to Zendhers hotel just before midnite - it was this amazing room! It was so beautiful. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning!

Breakfast: Coffee and fruit
Lunch: Bratwurst & a few french fries
Snack: A few pieces of bread and a few bites of pretzel
Dinner: Chicken, German Potato Salad, Applesauce, and a few bites of Randy's reuben
Hofbrau Beer

No comments: