Sunday, April 01, 2012

Sunday Love

Most people I know love Friday or Saturday best. One of the teachers at my school claims her favorite day of the week is Monday - really?! But it's Sunday for me. And today has been a great one...

Since I didn't get back from the casino until about 2:30 am last night I was able to sleep in a little bit. Then I pulled out all of my cookbooks and iPad and started meal planning South Beach Diet Phase 1 recipes. After quite a few days of "vacation eating" in Indy, I couldn't wait to get back to eating right and exercising.


Shopping List:
celery
red bell peppers (2)
lemon juice
flat-leaf parsley
scallions
cauliflower
yellow squash (2)
V8
greek yogurt
sugar free jello
meat-free sausage patties
pickles
canned green beans
canned butter beans
canned chick peas (2)
green olives
capers
ham
reduced-fat feta
light Laughing Cow

I got back, made myself a nice little chickpea salad, read for a few minutes, and then headed outside for some exercise. I grabbed HB and started Couch to 5k Week 1, Day 3. I felt so happy and successful when I got back into the house. Then I decided to make a "training plan" so that I'm able to finish up the C25K program before my 5K on April 28.


Tonight's dinner was an amazingly simple baked pesto chicken from this site: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/09/easy-recipe-for-baked-pesto-chicken.html

There were only three ingredients - chicken, basil pesto, and mozzarella cheese. So simple and tasty! I will definitely be making this one again...


Time to go read and then watch Mad Men!
<3 Sunday <3

No comments: