Author: Alexandre Dumas
Status: Free Kindle Download
Pages: 1312
Rating: 5/5

Source
No Spoilers
This was the best adventure story that I've ever read. Usually I prefer novels that are more character studies as opposed to plot focused (i.e. Pride and Prejudice - not much really happens, it's the characters - Mr. Darcy - that I adore). But this book was non-stop plot, action, and adventure from the word GO - and I loved it! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.
"Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss."
This was by far the longest book I've ever read (400+ pages longer than my previous "biggest" of Anna Karenina). One of the great benefits of reading on the Kindle App is that I really can't see or feel how long a book is. My second favorite place to read is in a bubble bath (TMI?). The problem with my iPad is that it's not really conducive to reading in the tub so I often go to the library to have a backup copy of whatever I'm reading. I should've taken a picture of the library book, because it was so HUGE I could barely even pick it up. I <3 Kindle apps...
P.S. Here is my list of favorite places to read:
1. Couch by fire with Lucien
2. Bubble Bath
3. Hammock
4. On vacation (at the beach, by the pool, in the hotel room, anywhere on vacation)
5. Coffee Shop (Especially Grounds for Thought in BG & Biggby at Cricket West)
6. In bed
7. SSR time at school with my class (Self-Selected Reading or some call it Silent Sustained Reading time)
Least favorite place to read: In the car because it gives me a headache - yet I do it anyway on long drives...
No comments:
Post a Comment