Sunday, May 17, 2009

Angels & Demons

Wow - no posts since last Saturday? I blame it on my crazy week. This whole week (well, longer than that really) I've barely been able to relax because I feel like there's a million things I should be doing (mainly internet "research"!). The "research" is kinda fun and exciting, but also very overwhelming.

On Friday night R and I took a much needed evening for a date night. It wasn't anything special or romantic, but I really enjoyed myself. R picked me up from work (we left the truck in the parking lot) and we went to a chinese buffet. (I'm telling you, there are NO good restaurants in Jackson except for the sushi place, and we really didn't feel like waiting!)

My fortune cookie was absolutely PERFECT.



"You have a strong desire for a home and your family comes first."

R's was great too, "Your dearest wish will soon come true."

After we finished eating, we headed to the theatre to see "Angels and Demons."



I've been looking forward to this movie for MONTHS! I don't know why I always get my hopes up, because the movie is NEVER as good as the book. I was disappointed in how much they toned down all of the church hypocrisies, cool murder scenes, and symbols/ambigrams. With that said, I still really enjoyed the movie and would definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I saw something about how the Catholic Church wouldn't even let them shoot the outside of some of the churches from the novel. i'm sure they fought alot of material that was from the book.