Thursday, April 02, 2009

Todoist

I slept in until the last possible second this morning. Now that I'm working the later shift (9am - 6pm) I don't really "need" to sleep in because honestly I don't need to get up very early in the morning. But today I rocked the snooze button a little too much and didn't even have time for breakfast at home.

So I grabbed a packet of Kashi instant oatmeal to eat at work. I'm a huge fan of Kashi products. I love the nutritional info and the fact that I can pronounce everything on the ingredients list. But most importantly, their food tastes GOOD. So I was surprised that this oatmeal has been a disappointment since I bought it awhile ago - and it's not growing on me. I honestly think the Aldi's brand tastes much better.



But the oatmeal did it's job and held me over until lunch time. I packed myself a pastrami sammie with provolone cheese, celery, laughing cow, and chucky spiced apples.




Unfortunately I didn't get to slowly enjoy my lunch with co-workers in the lounge like I usually do because I decided I wanted to check a few more items off of my to-do list during lunch. Boring stuff like getting gas, buying kitty litter, etc.

I'm really loving checking things off of my to-do list! I've been so overwhelmed with a million things I need to do (get a michigan teaching license, get a teaching job, etc.) that I've been doing practically nothing. I'm so glad I've seen www.todoist.com all over blog world because it's exactly what I've needed. Tonight I'm going to cross off a few major items from my list and hopefully I'll have that license and dream job very soon!

Last night R came home with a surprise for me: sushi takeout! He brought me a philly roll, veggie roll, and avocado roll.



I ate the entire philly roll last night but I managed to save a few pieces of the other rolls for my dinner tonight. I also had a salad with goat cheese, walnuts, dried cherries, and raspberry dressing.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I haven't checked out the online to-do list but I am a big fan of the stickies on my computer. It looks like a little post-it note. Not sure if that's just a mac thing... I'm also not sure if the online thing is a good idea since I am trying to cut back my surfing time :) My type A personality will likely lead me to at least check it out!

Food comments: Isn't it great when you understand what all the ingredients are and even spell them too? What's in a philly roll? It's so funny that you had goat cheese because I was at Panera with friends tonight and the discussion of how gross goat products are came up - personally, I've never had them.

Blaire said...

I became addicted to online to do lists from Kath:) I didn't like the look/feel of todoist, so I use tadalist. What's cool is I can "share" it with Dave so he can add stuff to the list-- packing list, spring cleaning, etc.

I fell in love with pastrami after barry bagels had a special on hot pastrami sandwiches a few years back-- I've only had it once, but I think it is the forgotten meat!:o)

I hate goat mozzarella!

Oh- thought of you--

~(_8^(|) - Homer Simpson

Made me laugh.

Brooke said...

Philly rolls are one of my favorites: it's usually just smoked salmon and cream cheese but at our sushi place they also add avocado.

Goat cheese is NOT for everyone! Personally, I LOVE it. It's a bit tart like feta, but really smooth and creamy...

Blaire, I found todoist from Kath, too! Mmmm, Barry's sounds good...