It turns out that my 10 mile run on Monday wasn't a fluke - I was able to do it again tonight!
I ran at my new comfortable pace of 6.2mph but took walking breaks whenever I "needed" to. So I walked for about two minutes at miles 2, 5, and 7. I also had a shot block during each of these walks.
My legs are very tired and heavy right now despite stretching out really well after I hopped off the treadmill. I'm really happy with the fact that I don't feel sick at all! If it weren't for my stiff calves and right knee, I wouldn't have even known I just ran that far.
I switched up my music routine tonight and used the "shuffle" feature instead of a pre-planned playlist. It was kinda fun not knowing which random song was next. It was also nice listening to a few bands that I never listen to on a run - including The Black Keys and Sia.
We just ordered pizza (yay! We hardly order pizza anymore!) so I guess I'm about to eat up all of those calories I just burned...
3 comments:
That is wonderful Brooke!! You officially are a marathon-er, not just a runner!
You are definitely on track for the half! I'm glad you've learned the trick to avoid getting sick while you run. Perhaps you need to do some extra strength training for these longer runs. :)
Great job! You kept your pace the entire time?! That's amazing! Look out Glass City...
Post a Comment